Our approach to health and safety is based on the idea of personal commitment and individual empowerment. We believe everyone has a right to return home safely every day and a duty to take care of themselves and those around them.
We are committed to ensuring that our employees, labour hire staff and subcontractors are empowered to eliminate or suitably manage risk in the workplace and we will provide the training, supervision, tools, plant and equipment required to deliver projects without compromise to our commitment.
Our commitment extends to supporting our clients with their safety objectives and targets. We will work collaboratively to maintain a zero harm environment and employ industry best practice for all tasks. Our services will be tailored to ensure continuity of systems and reporting.
Multiworks aims to achieve these commitments by:
- Complying with all legislative and contract requirements related to Occupational Health and Safety.
- Measure, report and review OHS performance objectives across all levels of the Regularly review our performance against these targets, to ensure we continually improve our practices.
- Maintain a Safety Management System that complies with the requirements of Australian Standard – AS/NZS 4801 and the Office of the Federal Safety Commissioner.
- Ensure that OHS is an integral part of management accountability and that OHS considerations are not compromised by other business objectives.
- Consult with ground crews and stakeholders and implement risk management processes to ensure hazards are identified, assessed and controlled so that the health and safety of personnel is not compromised.
- Ensure all work activities are carried out by competent suitably trained people and to provide appropriate training and resources as and where required.
- Ensure that all workers, subcontractors and stakeholders understand that they have a personal responsibility to conduct their work in a safe manner. This includes adhering to Multiworks policies, procedures, safety expectations and safe work methods.
- We will regularly and systematically audit our Integrated Management System (IMS), OHS processes and respond to the deficiencies of these audits. We will seek continual improvement to our safety processes and their effective implementation
- Disseminate relevant OHS and related information applicable to the organisation’s activities.